ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam coming to Mac as of tomorrow?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I take it only Valve games are going to work?

It will probably be a lot more flexible than that, I'd hope. Most of my games bought and dowloaded through Steam aren't actually Valve-based at all.

The last one I bought was Rome : Total War. They've got some really good indie games on there too. :)

D.

I'd be amazed if the Windows code of all Steam games can run under Mac OSX. Steam is an app in its own right, but surely the games need porting? They run in a Windows environment, not inside Steam. No?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
I'd be amazed if the Windows code of all Steam games can run under Mac OSX. Steam is an app in its own right, but surely the games need porting? They run in a Windows environment, not inside Steam. No?

Exactly. Only games I've heard that are planned to work so far are L4D1, L4D2 and Team Fortress 2 (Current owners of these wont need to buy a second version for their Mac either)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly. Only games I've heard that are planned to work so far are L4D1, L4D2 and Team Fortress 2 (Current owners of these wont need to buy a second version for their Mac either)

Is that true?! Nice one - time to nab Jain's Macbook off her then! ;)

Portal would simply look awesome on a 27" iMac.

D.

portalonmac.jpg