ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Might have to give that a go, I remember happy drunken null-modem MechCommander gaming sessions at uni.

Kids, if you don't know what a null-modem cable is, ask your parents, assuming they used to play PC games. Or google it. Whatever, I don't care :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Might have to give that a go, I remember happy drunken null-modem MechCommander gaming sessions at uni.

Kids, if you don't know what a null-modem cable is, ask your parents, assuming they used to play PC games. Or google it. Whatever, I don't care :D

Almost reminds me of the days at uni in getting the original Command & Conquer up and running on two PCs. Through a DB25 and DB9 serial cable and some adaptors - I somehow got it working. Crazy the amount of patience I had for things like that back then. Now I would have given up on that in about ten minutes.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Almost reminds me of the days at uni in getting the original Command & Conquer up and running on two PCs. Through a DB25 and DB9 serial cable and some adaptors - I somehow got it working. Crazy the amount of patience I had for things like that back then. Now I would have given up on that in about ten minutes.

Amen to that, kids today don't know how good they've got it, etc etc etc :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

BattleTech has the occasional cheap keys popping up on Amazon for the Digital Deluxe version at £10.29. Just nabbed one myself!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CL4GV93/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
BattleTech has the occasional cheap keys popping up on Amazon for the Digital Deluxe version at £10.29. Just nabbed one myself!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CL4GV93/?tag=cliospnet01-21
That link didn't work. Stupid forum software

Gonna pick it up, the reviews all looked really cool

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Battletech is good, with one very irritating part so far. Waiting for 15 f**king enemy units to make their move

Also, way too easy to run out of money and have to go into combat completely outgunned, so then you lose the rest of your forces, and lose the game

This is more of a pain in the arse than Xcom 2

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Battletech is good, with one very irritating part so far. Waiting for 15 f**king enemy units to make their move

Also, way too easy to run out of money and have to go into combat completely outgunned, so then you lose the rest of your forces, and lose the game

This is more of a pain in the arse than Xcom 2

I'd heard similar about the game with the money issues. Apparently you have to be VERY selective with what you spend money on and also be willing to sacrifice units for the greater 'good'. I also heard (but don't know how much truth is in it) that there are some missions that are impossible to complete all the optional objectives for. It's your choice as to what you deem to be important and that in turn has its own consequences.

The money issue on XCOM was one of those that I hacked. I didn't alter any other resources or acquisitions, but I thought it was stupid that Earth's last defence against an alien onslaught - couldn't get side-lined through the lack of something called money. That just wouldn't happen.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just Cause 3 (the XL version) is well worth the £4.49 asking price. Simply to blow up anything and everything - should be a dream game for @Cookie.

I've put over 30 hours into it since buying it on the cheap - certainly got my money's worth out of it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The only that pisses me off are those stupid listening stations on top of buildings that you have to deactivate against the clock. So frustrating to do in time....

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah never really enjoyed the driving that much in JC3, but then you have tons of choices as to how to get around so you can fly or parachute or whatever instead :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ori & The Blind Forest has been very enjoyable so far. Much more of an experience than a game I'd say - really well crafted. I think the Definitive Edition is currently around £7.49 on Steam.

If you want to skip the start, proper gameplay begins around 14 minutes in...

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
The soundtrack is really immersive too. I enjoyed the game and it isn't something I would usually play.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've played abit of Ori on the telly machine, really lends itself to sofa gaming, as above the soundtrack is really decent.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ori - one of my all-time fave games :) I can't wait for the new one! I've bought both the standard and definitive editions on both Xbox One and PC! :p Completed it about a dozen times, too... ?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So far in the sale I think I've bought Firewatch (seems good so far, do like a walking simulator) and Assassins Creed: Origins, which I'm really enjoy but finding I don't have much time for at the moment. Story is excellent even if the fighting is a bit odd

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So far in the sale I think I've bought Firewatch (seems good so far, do like a walking simulator) and Assassins Creed: Origins, which I'm really enjoy but finding I don't have much time for at the moment. Story is excellent even if the fighting is a bit odd
I bought Firewatch too - though not tried it yet. I was given a code for AC Origins pretty much after release, but it did little for me. Perhaps one I should return to as some point - especially if it has an Egyptian backdrop.