ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bought Tyranny and Sniper Elite 4 so far.

I was tempted by Bulletstorm - Full Clip Edition. But I’ve played through that game at least twice and I’m not sure what else the Full Clip offering provides?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
@Darren S @Gareth Have either of you played Sniper Elite 3 much? If so, how does 4 stack up? I’m currently working my way through 3, it’s very different to my usual style of game but there’s something compelling about it. I do find the “bullet cam” stuff a bit off putting sometimes, which is unusal for me because I love a bit of gore in my games :smiley:

I picked up South Park: The Stick of Truth and Black Mesa so far. Loving Black Mesa so far, Half Life updated with a new engine and graphics - there’s a reason it broke the mould when it was released!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
@Darren S @Gareth Have either of you played Sniper Elite 3 much? If so, how does 4 stack up? I’m currently working my way through 3, it’s very different to my usual style of game but there’s something compelling about it. I do find the “bullet cam” stuff a bit off putting sometimes, which is unusal for me because I love a bit of gore in my games :smiley:

I picked up South Park: The Stick of Truth and Black Mesa so far. Loving Black Mesa so far, Half Life updated with a new engine and graphics - there’s a reason it broke the mould when it was released!

I’ve not actually played SE4 yet - I was kind of holding off until my fibre broadband came online next week - it’s a 55GB download, iirc?

I really liked the previous games though. I like how you can play it Easy and go all Rambo - or ramp up the difficulty and make it really tough. Quite funny (if a little disturbed!) when you shoot one of them in the balls and get an achievement for it. [emoji1]

I’ve been on Titanfall 2 recently - though it’s an Origin and not a Steam-based game. Finished the campaign and am having a dabble with the online co-op - which is good fun against waves of AI enemies.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I never really gelled with the previous versions and as such can't remember them, but I've just completed the first mission on SE4 and its REALLY good, bullet cam can be turned off if required. I'm enjoying the freedom of being able to move around at your own will choosing whether to use the rifle from a distance or moving in close for knife / machine gun fighting, as said previously the graphics are very good also.

Sniper Ghost Warrior titles when they first came out were shocking, but I enjoyed the last two, but the 3rd especially was very linear in that you were only ever moving along a pre-defined path, SE4 appears to be almost the opposite of that, I'm hoping as the game progresses it becomes more and more 'open' world.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It is awesome, never gets truly 'open' world which some of the reviews led me to believe, but to be honest it doesn't matter. Each level takes around 2 hours to complete and you can choose which order to complete tasks in and how you go about it, I'm on the 6th level now and loving it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, go on then, arm twisted, etc. The engine looks awesome - big step forward from 3. 5 hour 30 minute download on my crappy internet connection though...... <sigh>

Made me spend more money! Looks like fun
Don't you guys be blaming me... :p
I don't think there can be too many complaints at the current sale price; there's a fair bit packed into that game.

@SharkyUK - Played the first mission, so much fun! I wanted there to be more high up places to hide though in that level
Glad you're enjoying it mate. I'll pass on your message about more higher-up hiding places! :)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Really cool game, will look at the DLC (is it worth it?) once I've gone through the normal levels once

Think I'm three missions in now.. just blown up the giant railway gun. I like that I can choose between stealth and just run and gun :p

Evo 5 RS
i've been toying with SE4 for yonks now but haven't fully committed, as found three although enjoyable to be a bit meh. This one does definitely look better...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to suggest Company of Heroes 2 - Master Collection. But you've got CoH2 already, I believe?
Yep! I should probably fire it up and see if it looks pretty on the new monitor. Do you know if it has ultrawide support? Gaming in 1080p sucks because it just dumps it in the middle with black bars

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Kinda related... I was just about to purchase the Steam Link box and then found that my new tv supports it anyway through the Steam Link app. :) Works really nicely, too. Saved a few quid if nothing else. Result! :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I got Sniper Elite 4 too, loving it also, very pretty game too.
I think I must be rusty with the controls. I don’t feel like my movements are as slick as I found them in the previous games?

I ended up fumbling about trying to booby-trap bodies and mine doorways with all the grace of a pissed up elephant under fire. I’m pretty sure that the controls are virtually identical to SE3 - but it feels sluggish.

It maybe that I had a quick go after a round on Titanfall 2 - which is a much faster paced game?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I know it's bad, but I hardly ever use the booby traps or mines..... Too much fun to shoot people. It is a very different feeling game, I think you have more options. Stealth is still important but if you want to go a bit "all guns blazing" you can do that much more easily than in SE3. Just don't let the buggers flank you, because they will, and then you're dead. :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Steam Sale?

Hmmmm. Try adding all of the Flight Simulator X DLC to your basket and see how much that costs you.... :smile:

upload_2018-1-20_18-3-14.png

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Descent was brilliant in its day. Despite having three dimensional movement, it was surprisingly easy to pilot.

Still keeping my eye on that recent Battletech release. I love that genre and I hope the game is quite good with it.