ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

DCi
I thought I'd give Shogun a little blast and it gets to the splash screen and does nothing... apparently the fix is delete the files, delete any reg entries then reinstall... all 20gb of it.... f**king c***s

Evo 5 RS
Actually I never had a problem with Saints Row, it's quite nice to look at as well. Second game was shocking on PC so I was a bit skeptical

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
which command and conquers are good these days

and

is driver worth £15 (I dont think so?!)

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy C&C4. I bought it in the last sale for £3.74 and it's not even worth that. Utter shite. The very core being of the C&C franchise has been ripped out (that of base building and unit development) and instead relies on a weird and seemingly pointless effort to complete missions by churning out a set number of units.

It was quite funny when I quit after my first session with it. It comes with an online lobby and clearly most people had bought it in the Steam sale too. The stream of abuse that came from these players was unrelenting. For every person that liked C&C4, there must have been 20+ who hated it.

To say C&C has it's roots founded in Westwood's Dune 2 from all those years ago, it's a disgrace to be even remotely connected to that classic.

D.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Bought Terraria a few days ago just to grab it while it was at ~1.75. Bargain.

Will play it more when Skyrim is done... (who am I kidding I don't think Skyrim will ever be 'done').

Ibiza SC
I agree, avoid C&C4 at all costs. I havn't even played it, it just LOOKS shite.

Wait for the next C&C Generals..

Ibiza SC
Thanks for reminding me :]!

Although I'm on the fence, do I buy LA Noire for PC now (mid-specced pc), or wait until Tuesday and get the 360 version, as I'm picking up a 360 on that day?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted by Dead Island

Is it any good?

Brilliant to start off with - crippled by a stupid auto-levelling of the zombies. Multiplayer is PISS easy.

• Start at Level 1 - the zombies are Level 1 or 2
  • Progress to Level 5 - the zombies are Level 5 or 6
  • Progress to Level 10 - the zombies are Level 10 or 11
  • Walk into a building at Level 15 with a horde of Level 16 zombies outside, close the door and then get ranked up. Go back out the door and suddenly all the zombies you were just facing are now Level 17.
.... I think you get the picture. Exactly the same issue that ruined Borderlands, imo.

Secondly, the damage model is bizarre. A couple of hundred points of damage with a handgun. 5,000 with a hand grenade. Anywhere up to 30,000 points of damage (and higher) for a foot stomp on a downed zombie.

Increased damage levelling of zombies makes it farcical when driving vehicles too. Early levels see an insta-kill as you plough into a zombie with your 4x4. As they level up with you, so do their 'health points'. This in turn means that several high-speed hit and runs are required to kill just one zombie. Stupid.

Then the melee weapons appear to have the same level of metallurgical toughness as a pack of Dairylea. You'll have to like repairing your weapons as you'll be doing that..... a LOT.

It really could have been a superb RPG take on the already superb Left 4 Dead game format. As it is (and apparently a common vibe with several games developers at the minute) - these issues and frankly silly features have been programmed into the game. A few days worth of thought, a bit longer spent coding and an average game could have been made so much more better.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I bought Orcs Must Die instead, because it was cheaper and mindless

f**king awesome it is tbh

Orcs Must Die is brilliant - really clever take on the tower defence game. Get's fecking hard towards the end though! Give me a shout if you need erm, 'help' on those later levels.... ;)

D.

F82 M4
Bought Orcs Must Die and all downloadable content for £3.74 or something like that. Offer still there till tomorrow. I've not installed it yet though :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's getting so difficult now, really love this game. The only thing that annoys me is that you can't change the key binds. :(

Sorry m8 - I did see your chat message last night - but I was too embroiled in a 3 vs 3 game on Company of Heroes!

I'll be honest with you, the last couple of levels to OMD are so fecking hard, that I used a cash cheat for them. And I DETEST using cheats - but I wasn't prepared to slog it out for hours and hours to find the winning combination! :p

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Bulletstorm is currently £3.75, highly recommended from me, an extremely well put together game.