ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam!!!!!

Focus ST-2
Does anyone else get pissed off with this crappy program or is it just me!!!!!!

Everything takes so long to download or update.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I've updated everything and got the Lost Coast Demo AND just finished playing, i'm happy now they ironed some of the bugs out :)

Focus ST-2
mines is bloody updating again on my god!!!! argh! never played it either mate but guessing its like most fps online games

172 Cup
Lost Coast isn't worth the download..

Looks good but there's simply no point to it apart from one big advert for Valve.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I though Lost Coast was worth it! I mean doesn't cost anything and took me 10 mins to download, gave me something to explore and all the commentary was interesting.

I know its an advert, put its pretty good as adverts go :p

With CS Source you have to buy the weapons and you have a time limit.. i've never got along with this so i think i'm just missunderstanding something

Clio 182
you guys should get a faster connection :) i update games in no time, most of the time i dont even notice. And the lost coast demo is excellent and im looking forward to seeing that type of technology in future games.

Focus ST-2
got half life 2 on the day of release and couldn't play because of shitty steam.!!!!!!

can't add friends the now, tell me what room you go into and ill follow!

Focus ST-2
Woodentop said:
you guys should get a faster connection :) i update games in no time, most of the time i dont even notice. And the lost coast demo is excellent and im looking forward to seeing that type of technology in future games.

my line can only accept 1.1mb sorry lol!! wish bt would get off there ass and upgrade the lines!!!

Monaro VXR
steam is usually fairly quick for me to update talking seconds.

Then again im on an 8mbit line and i can see the exchange from where i live hence get amazing speeds.

But if you find it very slow to update just close steam and reopen it again. It does get regular updates most wednesdays though.

Only had hl2 installed for alittle while when it first came out. Reinstalling it now to get some praccy in for cs:s. Used to be a tfc player, but tfc2 seems boring now and even more buggier than the first version.

After the 1000000 million hour update from steam, I'll give tfc2 and cs:s another trial

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
.Griff. said:
Not via Steam but as a 3rd party mod yes.

U can play death match via steam. Just look for the DM servers in the list. Doesn't require any modding.

172 Cup
Clart said:
U can play death match via steam. Just look for the DM servers in the list. Doesn't require any modding.

The server list is not Steam, they are two seperate entities. When you choose a DM server it auto-installs the MOD files much the same as it would additonal sounds, skins etc...

Counterstrike/CSS never came officially with a DM mode only HL2.

Monaro VXR
Its a server side mod will just be running a plugin on the server machine you usually dont download anything.

Bah, just tried cs:s and frustrates me only living for a few minutes but having to wait until everyone else is dead :( Not even getting a chance to see what things do lol

Monaro VXR
Takes practice and once you get good you can get the pleasure of knowing your driving people just like you crazy :D

For a new player the M4 or MP5 are prolly the best guns to use. And use them in controlled short burst 3 shots max really and aim at chest / head level usually will put a couple in chest and a few times will fluke the headshot but at least you will do some damage.

The famas is a great weapon set to burst mode though just aim at the head and most fo the time you will get a kill. does take practice though would hate to think how much time i spent playing CS when i used to be on it constantly. Makes me sad to realise how much of a geek i was :/

Focus ST-2
been playing deathmatch, but so many people come on that pings are so high it slows it down so much. older games and doom 3 are so much better for online gameplay.

Monaro VXR
HL2 deathmatch generally is laggy cause people seem to like trying to run 32 player servers from there home lines which only have a 256kb upload thus reducing them to a lag free 6 players max in reality they still set it to 32 though.

Not many HL2 deathmatch proper dedicated servers. And css works near enough perfectly.