ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering column?

right guys, when im driving down the road it feels as if i have to move the steering wheel about half inch before the car actually move to the side, is this a column fault as i read that its a common problem

james

p.s if so has anybody got one

sweet, thanks mate, will probably just buy a new column which has already been welded (one on ebay at the minute)

james

Lunner said:
WHY???

Yourt column can be welded in the car at a cost of about £10-£20 in all of ten mins, i've had 2 done

:eek: sorry mate, didnt know if it had to come out of the car to be done.

so the point at were it needs to be welded is accesible from under the car

the guys at work will weld for nothing :rasp:

james

you get to it from the drover's foot well, pull up the rubber boot and you'll see the joint where there is play, will prolly have rubber stuff comming outa it, make sure you dont' get it too hot when welding it or you'll melt the UJ grease

Valver
Bit difficult to do a proper weld job while its in the car, personally I didn't find it that hard to take out and replace, would have taken an hour if I hadn't of kept forgettin to plug the speedo in before i assembled the dash!

Sami said:
Bit difficult to do a proper weld job while its in the car, personally I didn't find it that hard to take out and replace, would have taken an hour if I hadn't of kept forgettin to plug the speedo in before i assembled the dash!

how comes the dash has to be removed if you get to it from the floor

james

Lunner said:
you get to it from the drover's foot well, pull up the rubber boot and you'll see the joint where there is play, will prolly have rubber stuff comming outa it, make sure you dont' get it too hot when welding it or you'll melt the UJ grease

sweet, many thanks mate. guess that will be a job for this week then

james

Sami said:
Sorry mate I meant to change the column which is what I did.

ahh i get ya now mate, yeah i have recently replaced a few dash bulbs and had a quick look and realised that the column is under the dash

james