ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering feedback after fitting new disks

Evening all,

I fitted new front brake disks\pads a couple of weekends ago and now i get weird feedback through the steering wheel.

Everything seems fine on smooth ground and i get no vibration through peddle when braking hard. The problem is i seem to get extra vibration through the steering wheel. Its almost like bumps are not being damped as well as they used to be with the old disks on. It feels a a bit crashy i suppose.

The brake disks i bought were aftermarket cheap disks (wishing i hadnt now) and felt quite heavy. Im wondering if the heavier disks on the front could upset the damping at all??

I thought i may have knocked something loose when hitting the old disks to get them off but i have had a garage take a look and they cant see anything wrong.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why do people skimp on such important things? It's like any rotating mass, if it's not balanced it will cause vibrations.

LY 182
probaly a bit of rust (the flakes of rust) stuck behind one of the discs causing it to not sit flat

done this myself a few times... need to make sure the flange is really clean too

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
probaly a bit of rust (the flakes of rust) stuck behind one of the discs causing it to not sit flat

done this myself a few times... need to make sure the flange is really clean too
Would cause vibration on braking though.