ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering hose rant

clio 172 cup
Ok so i took the morning off work to remove the pas pipe the big one from the rack to the pas pump. removed it checked it , its fine. so i look again and its the pipe above that runs from the rack to the reservoir. the alloy pipe close to the rack has been hitting off of the exhaust heat plate due to shite renault engine mounts and split the pipe.!.!

so off to renault to buy the pipe and put a new one on, there is no space what so ever to work. so while i am fitting the new one i will make a slot in the heat plate to allow for the pipe when the engine moves.

So top tip of the day: if your mounts are fubar'd be aware that it might cause further head aches.

Rant Over

Black/Gold V6 255
The same hose has just sprung a leak on my g/f's phase 1 172 so I've just removed it (what a sh*te job that was :mad:) How much would I be looking at for a brand new replacement from Renault, do you know? All I can seem to find on here is prices for the longer high pressure hose which runs from the rack to the pump, not yet managed to find a price for this shorter hose which runs from the rack to the reservoir?? :S