ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering not quite centre after replacing...?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi

Successfully replaced my 172 wheel with a 182 wheel this weekend, noticed today when driving that the wheel is very slightly turned to the right when driving straight on a straight road, car park etc.

Could this just be tracking I hadn#t notcied before, or do I need to take the wheel off and reseat it?

From memory when I put it on it went on fine and is tight, and I assume it can only be put on in the exact correct place due to deeper threads on two parts of the fastenings?

Is the above correct?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
balancing doesnt have nothing to do with a steering wheel not being straight.

The steering will only go on at 1 point, tracking is want you need, uve only noticed it now as you may keep looking at your nice new wheel.

CLS, RS MEG
I've had this problem everytime i've changed alloys. The tracking isn't altered when you change the wheel, the new wheels your putting on may not be balanced right. Always sorted out my problem of the car pulling to one side when the steering wheel is straight.