ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering rack bushes

Renault Clio 172 cup
Its an SMI ( assuming its RHD ).
Have just done these this weekend on a mates car and to be honest it is a bugger. It helps if you have small hands as it is very tight and fiddly. You dont have to remove the rack but you do have to loosen each side so you can get a bit of movement on it, there is a 'how to guide ' in the Cliosport guides which tells you pretty much the order to do things in and which tools you'll need. Good luck , be prepared to swear a lot.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Thanks very much. I'm guessing these power flex bushes split to actually get them on?
Yes they are split, as are the standard ones. They have a hole in which locates on a lug , but we only found the lug on the drivers side.

Can I ask why you have changed and thinking of changing them?

I have some nasty torque steer and thinking about replacing these bushes.

When accelerating the steering is "bouncing" as it were. It's hard to explain really. It's though the car is likely to just to bugger off somewhere.