ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Melting Issue? Is there a solution?

RS 182
I noticed the old thread is long and dead. Being new to the forum was there any outcome? Is there a reletively cheap solution to this problem?

RS 182
Ha ha thanks Emma, mines defo
Made of cheese! The right thumb grip has completely peeled although spending over £100 on a new one not sure its worth it. May try that re trimming service! Thank you!

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
Ha ha thanks Emma, mines defo
Made of cheese! The right thumb grip has completely peeled although spending over £100 on a new one not sure its worth it. May try that re trimming service! Thank you!

The retrimming will cost u around 100...loool...

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This: Leather Prep. You need to remove the wheel, use an abrasive pad and the prep to remove the melted leather coat from the wheel. Then sand the wheel lightly and dye the leather a dark grey. It is a pig of a job, but I now have a perfect steering wheel that has the same leather texture but a matt grey colour. Better to the touch than the wheel was when new.

Doesn't help with the thumb grips (in fact you need to mask them off very well as the prep and abrasive will destroy them), but I am going to try Plastidip on them next.