ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel options

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
This crap British weather has left me looking at smaller steering wheel options for my 172, I like the look of the RS Sabelt and Sparco wheels but I'm concerned the suede type finish will fair really badly even with my occasional use. I've got cruise control and speed limiter so would want to retain them with a volantech panel.

Other than the OMP trecento are there any other options I should consider?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just had a look, I think what I like about the Sparco and Sabelt is the flat centres, that might be ultimately what makes my mind up.

That's how it works on here isn't it? Ask advice, ignore advice😄

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Momo team is a nice wheel though.
IMG_20200906_150054.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@Porl is yours 300mm?

I can't remember if you had another aftermarket wheel before this? Reason I'm wondering is like you, I think the momo team is a nice wheel in design, but when I had mine a few years ago, it felt slimmer compared to the OMP trecento.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@Porl is yours 300mm?

I can't remember if you had another aftermarket wheel before this? Reason I'm wondering is like you, I think the momo team is a nice wheel in design, but when I had mine a few years ago, it felt slimmer compared to the OMP trecento.
Yes. But my steering wheel is 280😏. It is thin rimmed and after the standard lump that was what took a bit of getting used to but its spot on really. Its the only aftermarket wheel I've had Mark.