ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel removal

Renault Clio 197
Hi guys

Been removing the steering wheel of my 197 Clio to get it retrimmed. Unfotunately I think more came off than I bargained for.
I have also posted here so you can see the picture http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?51066-Steering-wheel-removal&p=567210#post567210
Anybody have any idea how this is supposed to fit back in? One is shorter than the other and I guess these turn with the steering wheel so didn't want to risk them splitting when I turn.
Any help is much appreciated!

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renault Clio 197
Hi Matt
Thanks for responding. The cables for the airbag etc. are still attached to the part being held in the photo.
Unsure if anything is actually damaged, just not sure how to place the part back in

Renault Clio 197
Is it likely something that a mechanic might be able to fix, or just easier to replace? Noticed they're selling for around £150 so just trying to figure out options