ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo Query

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Hi ALl,

I have a REnault Clio 2005 182 Trophy. It currently has a DAB Pioneer radio in but it doesnt seem to be wired correctly as i am not getting a very good radio signal, no DAB antenna is present at the minute and then the sound comes out of 1 speaker....

So i have just taken the stereo out and noticed that the wiring leaves a lot to be desired.......
I am going to get a new audio block connector but just wanted to check what does the green/yellow blocks from a the standard wiring do?
cheers
pete

Attachments

• IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 38

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah, its for the remote on the side of the steering wheel and do you have a cd changer?
The white and brown connectors are standard iso - so shouldn't have to change anything with fitting a new stereo. Just plug and play.
Maybe need a antenna adaptor to change to din.
Check the balance settings on the headunit to make sure its not that.

If you don't have a cd changer - someone might have fitted an aux in adaptor - check the glovebox for ipod connectors etc.

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
thanks for the rapid response. balance settings are all ok.

No CD changer is present so just ordered a new connector and antenna adaptor - hopefully this will do the trick.
THanks
Pete

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
My radio signal is dire. I need to replace the aerial base as it's gone all rusty inside.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they're not known to be very good when they get older.