ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo Volume

right, dont know if this is a fault or if my stereos meant to do it. but firstly, its the standard renault tuner list cd player head unit, fitted to a 04 plate ph3 dynamique.

had the volume up at vol 30 last night, driving about, parked up, switched the engine off (radio etc. obviously turn off when the ignition/engine are switched off) went into my mates house, came back out 5mins later, started the car up and my stereo volume for some reason was away down at vol 15 even tho when I turned the car off the stereo was at vol 30

so is that a fault or is my stereo meant to turn down the volume automatically when you start the car up again after having been listening to stereo at quite a high volume?? because if I'm listening to the radio at say vol 12, turn the engine/ignition off, park up and come back say 10 mins, an hour, etc whatever later and start the car up again/turn ignition on, the volume is still at vol 12 and hasnt changed or turned itself down.

Better than yours. C*nt.
To stop you shitting yourself when you forget you were listening to your stereo at a rediculous volume when you got out.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You can program the level it starts up at, or you can set it so it retains the last level.

I cant remember how to do it on that set, but its all in the handbook.

There are other things you can program as well.

a burnt one
This is a good thing as i often have my shamen or mc hammer up rather loudly and forget to turn it down when getting out, then on the next journey i bundle the kids in the back and they get an earful when i start her up.

Also happens with RDS traffic announcements, ive set the volume to go higher to remind me to listen in when one comes on.