ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sticking throttle

anyone had this problem?

Only happens on a very light throttle and it revs at 2.5k, give it some beans and it revs back to idle

Can I lubricate the throttle cable or is it a strip out and replace job?

TIA

mine did this.

i replaced the whole inner and outer cable... it had corroded.

try and lubricate inside the new outer cable when you install the new one.

yeah, you need to take the drivers side wheel and wheel arch liner off to get to it, but thats just a few pop rivets... nothing too bad.

best part of an hour, maybe a bit more if you're like me and want everything perfect! lol

Clio 172 ph1
mine did this it was the throttle bodie sticking the butterfly had become offset just needed a good clean and repos and all is fine now not had a problem since.

172 Ph2
mine did this it was the throttle bodie sticking the butterfly had become offset just needed a good clean and repos and all is fine now not had a problem since.

Maybe worth trying as it's a 10 minute job to pop the TB off and clean it!

Car is booked in for a service and cambelt change later this week - :eek: how much do Renault want? the wags

£600 to do a cam belt is taking the :censored: IMO. Luckily I've got a good indy who'll do it for 1/3 of that.

I'll get my man to have a look at the throttle cable then - no doubt after 6 years it will have gone rusty

I did in the end, I was accelerating at the time and only noted when I came off the gas that the throttle was wide open

by the time I'd figured that out and after trying and failing to pull back a floor hinged pedal with my foot, I'd added another 20/30mph to my speed