ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sticky 182 accelerator

Last 1/4 of accelorator travel seems to have a sticking point. Has anyone experienced asnything similar. Car is new only with 600 kms on clock

no idea, mine is a mk1 and my mates mk2 is smooth as anything, so maybe just the cable or something, but as you prob have warranty i would get it checked out by the garage

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

graham-do you mean it like clicks an extra bit right at the end of its travel if you press it harder?

Mine has got a little click right at the end of the travel, not really worried about it, must be the boost switch. ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

its a kick down switch used in models with cruise control or auto transmission(all clio 2 have the same pedal though)

Yes it does click at the bottom 1/4 of travel & yes it does have cruise control (waste of time..) guess theres nothing to worry about then.

Thanks all

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by welsh182 on 05 April 2004

Not wanting to sound stupid, but what does it do on cruise control models? Cant kick down a gear like an auto??
Irs kind of a safety feature for the speed limiter. If you kickdown the accelerator, it turns off the limiter. Cruise control is interrupted by any action on the accelerator, brake or clutch....

dk

911 GTS Cab

what are on about graham, cruise control is perfect for motorway driving and road works etc, i use it all the time

I noticed this last 1/4 click on my 182 accelerator pedal tonight and thanks to the search this topic was returned.

As I can now see that it does have a reason for being there and isnt a fault I do have a little question.

Driving in normal conditions with no cruise control or speed limiter on do I have to push past that click to get full throttle or is it already on full throttle just at the point of click?

Mucho Appreciated :D

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by peterh2 on 15 January 2005

Its already at full throttle at the point of the click :D
I started a thread a while ago asking if that was the case as I suspected that it was already at full throttle and going past the click made no difference.

Do you know that for sure though? How did you find out?

P

peterh2

I asked one of the technician’s dealer. The throttle is all electric not cable operated like on the mk1 clio’s and it is at 100% when it reaches the kick down point. The only point in pressing it any further is if you need to disable to speed limiter.