ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky Dash

Clio 182
Hi,
Just got my 182 back after some extensive engine work to try and solve a arsehole misfire that took forever to find!!! Now that’s all sweet I want to mint up the interior which has been neglected by its previous owner!!
I have snappy doing me a steering wheel that currently resembles Freddie Crugers completion!!
What’s the best way to deal with the stickyresidue that’s all over the door handles, radio surround and CC/AC panels. I can only assume that in renaults infornate wisdome they coated with a Matt rubber coating that has degraded in the sunlight. Is there any hot tips of cleaning this up as I can’t beleve its only mine that has done this.
cheers

Clio
Hi
I believe other cars of the period including Ferraris suffer a similar problem. May be worth googling those too?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Hi,
Just got my 182 back after some extensive engine work to try and solve a arsehole misfire that took forever to find!!! Now that’s all sweet I want to mint up the interior which has been neglected by its previous owner!!
I have snappy doing me a steering wheel that currently resembles Freddie Crugers completion!!
What’s the best way to deal with the stickyresidue that’s all over the door handles, radio surround and CC/AC panels. I can only assume that in renaults infornate wisdome they coated with a Matt rubber coating that has degraded in the sunlight. Is there any hot tips of cleaning this up as I can’t beleve its only mine that has done this.
cheers

Very common issue and the best solution is to change all parts over to the non sticky stuff as per 1.2 clios - straight swap and a million times better.

2003 Clio 172
A lot of people also remove the affected parts and paint them. Apparently soaking them in detol overnight causes a chemical reaction that removes the coating. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.