ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky throttle

Octavia vRS tfsi
I've had a sticky throttle in the Phase one for the last while. I've spent the last fortnight trying to cure it. Firstly, a clean of the throttle body cured an intermittant and rough idle problem that had manifested.

Secondly was a replacement throttle cable. While this hasn't cured the sticky throttle problem, it has improved it marginally.

So it's not the cable, and it's not a dirty TB. What else can it be? It seems to stick about 2,000 rpm and once blipped, settles down to normal. Spring on the throttle body???

Is the spring part of the TB in the sense that I need a new TB or can it be replaced independantly?

Ph1
Sounds like the spring on the TB.

Easy to check. Next time it revs up get out the car lift the bonnet and see if the black throttle cable holder on the TB is going back into idle position (against the gromit)

New throttle body. You cant buy the springs from Renault on their own and getting a spring made up would be a big hassle

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you need to check that the cable is routed properly.

even with new cables, if the track is not correct then it will still stick

move the cable around in differnt locations (differnt angles and paths to the TB)

see if that sorts your problem.

Octavia vRS tfsi
More checking to do tonight then.:S

I believe that the new TB is expensive from Renault??

Ph1
Payed 200 for mine a couple of years back. Single Jenvy aint much more than that im sure? might be wrong