ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiff Accelerator

The accelerator pedal on my Valver is quite stiff as in not easy to press down.

Is this normal? I wouldn't know see as I've only ever driven one. I thought it was normal cos of it being an older hot hatch until my mate drove it who had a Peugeot 309 GTI remarked on it.

The accelerator on my Mk1 172 was stiff when i first had it and then kept getting stuck. The throttle cable had started to fray where it goes into the engine. You could try checking that the cable is in good condition?

Ph1
Cheesebox said:
The accelerator on my Mk1 172 was stiff when i first had it and then kept getting stuck. The throttle cable had started to fray where it goes into the engine. You could try checking that the cable is in good condition?

This seems to be a problem with aging mk1 172's.

I replaced mine due to that yesterday and another user replaced hers the other week.

This was one of the cheaper problems to resolve with my 172. About £12 for the cable and £20 to fit. Very reasonable!

However, every other of the many problems I have encountered have been very expensive and the latest one (snapped bonnet cable which means a new bonnet) has made my mind up to get rid of it.