ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stig track times

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

mailto:top.gear@bbc.co.uk">top.gear@bbc.co.uk

cant find em either

mk2 172

just out of interest has he ever taken a vts round the track, would be good to see, guess its a bit old now tho for them to feature unless they do a comparison vs the latest breed, that would be good, with same driver etc.

Maybe we should write up so they do Clio 16v, Clio Williams, 172, and a Cup... then throw Craggys VTS in.. hehe.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Anyone ever thought who the Stig actually is? SHot in the dark but maybe Tiff Needell? Seeing as hes on Fifth Gear now theyd have to hide his identity if he was to be on Top Gear too, and Tiffs a good driver.. any thoughts or has this been asked and resolved ages ago?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

...do a search on groups.google.com, its pretty much agreed that its a guy called Perry McCarthy....

Adrian

Quote: Originally posted by sn00p on 22 August 2003

its pretty much agreed that its a guy called Perry McCarthy
Yeah, he was in all the papers when he/top gear broke that jag! hehe!

It definitely is Perry McCarthy, he was named in the Telegraph, plus, as sn00p says, go to any search engine and write The Stig in, and it does come back with his name.

He was also named in this months edition of Evo.

Paul

GR7

Shiny red R32

I actually had the whole programme with the red V6 recorded and it showed the whole league table of times of the Stigs cars, but only two weeks ago I recorded the Oulton Park Superbike races over the same tape!!

Naughty me :oops: Sorry Slugger

I will ask a friend if her husband has any of the programmes recorded because I know he used to record all the car programmes.