ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stock tweeters with Coaxials?

'02 1.4 16v Auto
I'm upgrading the ICE in my Clio and have 2 pairs of Coaxials on the way to me via my local ICE man. I will be putting one pair of these up the front (I know, I know, components FTW etc...) I went against front components due to my budget and my ICE man managed get me the coaxials (Magnat Edition 132) for £8.99 a pair. The components were £24.99 else I would have grabbed a pair.

I was wondering can the stock tweeters be connected to the coaxials at all?

Thanks

Chelsea tractor
Well yeah. They'll still work so long as you don't actually unplug them (all the normal wiring will still be as it was). All you do to plug a new HU is unplug the old one and plug the new one in :)

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Crackin! Saves taking the dash off too which I'd prefer not to do as when I do or have something like that done it normally always gets screwed up.:clown:

As I'm typing, another Q has popped into my head - how will the HU know where to send the hgihs? Is it built into the cross over already to send the signals to the dash tweeters?

(Sorry, ICE noob!)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
so you will be running two sets of tweeters up front really wont you. do you have a sub?

Focus RS Mk1
so you'l be running the stock tweeters and the coaxials which have a tweeter also, gonna be massivelt heavy of the high frequencies. probably wanna knock it down a lot on the stereo.

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Aye, I probably will - I spent about 4 weeks deciding on what to buy within my budget and I'll probably spend another 4 weeks tweaking the sound :eek:

'02 1.4 16v Auto
It's surprisingly nippy for an auto. For a 1.4, it really is quite a perky engine in comparison with others on the market. Makes stop-start a breeze too :D