ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stolen car or stolen reg plates, not happy!!

renault clio 172
had my 172 3 days and ive been pulled by the police 2 times allready, saying my plates have been duplicated!! never trust anyone, bought it from a small garage and they said they hpi check all there cars! what do i do?? will they stop pulling me? do i get private plates or am i skrewed! the car come with a log book either, why i didnt check it before i never know, i put to much trust in people, or am i to paranoid??

what should i do??

Breaking A 172 Replica
I would HPI it mate.

What did the police say? I wouldn't bother with getting a private plate as when the transfer request goes in they will see what the police are seeing and either reject the transfer or probably call the car in for inspection.

renault clio 172
just done a hpi check and all is clear. only thing was outstanding finance which is mine. whats the next step, could the police have just been making an excuse to pull me for a full inspection??

^^^ I very much doubt it, as the police do not need an 'excuse' (or rather, reason) to pull over a vehicle and have a look at it. Why would they specifically want to pull you, is your car falling to bits?

Sounds like either the plates were stolen from it at some point and / or the car has been cloned. Car cloners often steal plates from cars on garage forecourts. Make sure you dont get someone elses tickets through the post.

renault clio 172
no the car aint falling to bits, its in a good condition, yeh thats what im worried about, getting someone elses tickets in the post, oh joy