ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone Chips

Chocolate Bar™
best way to stop them. cant find any sites that make car bras for the clio, and need something to stop them on a day-to-day basis.

also seem the plastic sheets they sell in halfords, but am worried these might look naff.

cant really afford to have the bumper resprayed every other month at 80quid a pop :S

any help appreciated, mark

al

ST on the way...
There's a euro'd clio in the latest PGTi Magazine and thats got a bra on it, maybe worth persuing.

Armourfend is about the best thing you can put on. It's not cheap and normally they will only supply fitted. It's a clear membrane they put over the front panels. If its fitted well you'll only tell by the edge of it along the very edge of the panels.

106 GTi
If you serious paint protection film is a better option - at least you car doesnt look sh*t like it does with a bra on day to day.

edit, Loony beat me to it!

Chocolate Bar™
have just been looking on the net for the above film suggestion. looks like really good stuff, but so far have only found a company in leeds or essex that can do it. not much good when your in stoke lol

will keep pursuing the film option though :)

Chocolate Bar™
almarsden said:
Wouldn't look THAT bad on a black car...would it?

wouldnt look great. but i want the full front one, as its the bumper thats taking a pasting recently :(

Car bra's are ugly but as you said on black it wont look as bad but on a mk2 phase 2 ive only seen one for the leading edge of the bonnet so doesnt help the bumper. Armourfend IMO is the only way to go if you want to protect the paint. I'd be concerned that any dirt that may get between the panel and a car bra would mark the paint.

Chocolate Bar™
yeah. just had a quote off a very similar company to armoundfend who'd do it for 250 for just the top half of the front bumper (as i need a custom shape)

or the man recommended some that i could do myself:

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/stone_protection_film.htm

because i only want to use it on the moulding sections ive had smoothed in. will probably buy some, and see how it goes lol