ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stonechips

Anybody having trouble with stonechips? I Know from a few posts on here that Renault paint is as thin as Tracy Shaw but the front of my car looks like Luke Chadwicks face. I had the bumper and bonnet repaired in January and repainted and up until then it was mint ,not a mark . Contacted garage that did the insurance work and after some discussion said that the paint manufacturer ICI had stated that it was done to poor primer adhesion and they would repaint the bumper.

The car went in Thursday , 3days later than arranged cos the bodyshop manager didnt listen when I said to pick the car up ,actually got a bit aggressive on the phone.Car was delivered back on Friday with only a fracton of the bumper painted again.When I rang up he said they SCRAPED away some paint from my bumper and its not poor adhesion so they touched that bit up so theres your bumper painted!!

Couldnt get any sense out of that Knob so I asked to speak to dealership director who was even less help.When I asked what their complaint procedure was I was told I was speaking to it. Basically they have been paid for the work , in my opinion done a sh*te job and don,t want the expense of doing it again . Informed the insurance company but not really expecting a result. Cars done less than 7k.

Stay away from C.D.Brammall in Newcastle if you value your car , insurance approved my arse.:mad: Thanks thats much better.:)

P.S. sorry to the ST170 that I took it out on ,on Friday.he he

insurance approved means nothing mate, all it means is that the company have agreed a set figure with the bodyshop to take on the work.. the fact that they do a good job or not doesnt come into it.

Sorry to hear about that m8, sounds like you would have been better leaving the stone chip as it was.

Not just one chip ,I could live with that there are 3 on the bonnet which they have touched in with a catapult and about 30-40 on the bumper of which they have flatted of and re painted about an sixth. One minute its poor adhesion and yes sir come in and well repaint it; the next its piss off its just stonechips. I actually took the car through for them to look at , they took digital pictures and contacted ICI for advice .they rang me to book the car in .Now Im very pissed off and very confused.:confused: