ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop Light on dash

RS Clio 182
hi all have done a search and cant actually find anything on this issue (could be my search wording but hey ho) I turn the ignition on in my 182 and leave it a sec and all lights go out except STOP, oil and Batt...the oil and Batt are always there so thats fine but I am wondering why the STOP light stays on? any ideas?

cheers,

RS Clio 182
lol! really so I have been a complete 'tard thanks guys will let you know how it goes when I remove the handbrake :quiet:

RS Clio 182
Dunno mate... It goes when I start the car but just to clarify its not the handbrake light it's the actual word stop?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Alternator could be screwed or battery...esp if the batt light stays on...shows the battery isnt picking up a charge...so could be alternator, battery or both.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Brake fluid is most common for this, mine did it years ago, topped the fluid up and it never came back on again.