ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storage for 3 months!!

Can anyone give me a bit of help.

My clio is going to be left at my familys for three months over the summer whilstI am in Jersey. I am lucky in that it will be garaged for the duration.

Obviously I will take the battery out to stop it discharging, is there anything else I should do/not do to help it whilst not being driven for so long?

Would it be better to get one of the family to drive it once a week or so?

Thanks

keep it moving if you can, you kill cars by not getting them upto temp. if you leave the battery in it take the clock out else itll run it flat.

Mazda MX5 1.8

what i did was just leave it ticking over for a hour or so once a week just to keep the liquids moving........ seems to be fine now

Jack it up on blocks and take the tyres of to stop them wering them deflate the tyres.

Thees loads you cna do but its stupid 3 months isnt going to kill it just give it a clean before you put it away so it wont rust and ake sure the garage has no holes in the roof.

My parents Land Rover which is 20 odd yrs old stood outside for 3months with nothing on it and it started almost forst time (battery dont hold charge to well). SO a modern car should be fine.

Just buy a trickle charger for your battery, cost about £20 or so, that will be better than taking the battery off, driving it once every few weeks would be helpful, but only if its a decent drive so personally I would not bother, for 3 months the car will be fine.

I wouldnt bother most Clios are stood in the compund for upto 1yr before the dealers get them, just disconect your battery and leave the handbrake off.

Paul172

Street Triple R

sorry kindof off topic ish, my dad had an original 3dr cossie that he left standing for 15 years! basically brand new! he got it out last year its still only got 1200 miles on the clock, must be the lowest milage cossie in the world!....only thing that happened to it was that the brakes siezed up and the tyres had turned into 50 pence pieces! (shape wise)... just needed new oil and fuel etc and that was it....sorry just thought id tell you all:)