ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange battery issue.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Hi.

I'm a bit stuck with a fault i think may be related to the battery. If the car is not running then the battery will very quickly run flat to the point where the car has to be bumped. When i say quickly, if i was to park up and leave just the hazards on for 5 mins the battery would be dead.
I've had the battery tested at halfords and was told (have the readout receipt if useful) the battery is fine and the alternator is charging it fine.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
How old is the battery?

A battery can pass a load test but it still may not hold its charge.

I'm gonna say it needs a new battery mate

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Battery is original as far as i'm aware. so 3ish years. Would it be worth sticking the battery from a friends car in and leaving the lights on for a while?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Ahh so we're not talking 1*2 here then mate?

It would be worth checking yeah, if it does the same then there's obviously something else at fault

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
To be fair i commute from manchester to sheffield and back every weekend so plenty of long distance driving to keep it topped up. Would it still benefit from a slow charge?