ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange green spots appeared

Clio Sport 182
Hello, Wondering if anyone can help. Just cleaned the car and noticed that some strange green spots have appeared on the drivers side. Does anyone know what they are and how to clean them off?

20130625_174950_zps4cea9e82.jpg

20130625_175002_zps2bdee543.jpg

20130625_174943_zps435c887a.jpg

Clio Sport 182
I thought the same boat the car has only been in work car park or drive at home and as far as I know theres been no painting. Any ideas on removing it.

Clio Sport 182
Surely bird poo would wash off with water and this aint moving. I do think the birds aim for the clio as I have to wash bird s**t off every morning.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a little porcelain owl and bolt it to near the edge of your roof and it will keep the birds away ;)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
When you zoom in on the first picture it looks like the spot of green stuff is bubbling.

Can you pick it off? Is it wet?

Pearl Black Ph2 172
If it iis paint, water based paint can be removed usually with hot water, oil based with turps sub or similar. Tar remover is another option.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd say tar remover or clay. My Dad's car had little flecks of yellow paint all over it from parking in an airport "at his own risk" a few weeks back. Tar remover worked very slowly, clay (possibly due to the tar remover softening it) pulled it all right off without any hint of it ever having been on the paint.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Soak a bit of kitchen roll in tar remover and leave it on the car for a few minutes so it can really eat up the green stuff. Sould just wipe off after that.

​If it doesn't, maybe try paint thinners?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Soak a bit of kitchen roll in tar remover and leave it on the car for a few minutes so it can really eat up the green stuff. Sould just wipe off after that.

​If it doesn't, maybe try paint thinners?

Paint thinners is a bad idea imo. Stick to tar remover or clay bar.