ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange immobiliser problem

E36 328
I bought a mk1 ph3 1.4 the other day, its completely stripped out and everything is working fine apart from the central locking and immobiliser.

Whenever i turn the car on i have to hold the locking button inside the car down for a certain number of light flashes, e.g. hold the button down for 5 flashes, let go then hold it down for 7 flashes, and then for 2 and then for 3 and its just a bit tedious!!

just wondering if theres a way i can reset the immobiliser to get rid of this?

Also the central locking doesnt work at all, still has the infra red bitty and the key seems fine but the key in either lock doesnt work the central locking and it wont lock remotely. What should i check first?

Cheers!

pull the reciever out of the roof , check it for signs of water in there. more likely that , but you need to check to see if the decoder is recieveing a signal from the key , these can fail a bit and are not cheap. the only way to check (that i know ) is with the renault xr25 tool , but i think other diag tools would be able to tell this. if it recieving a signal try and get it resynchronised first and if this doesnt work probably decoder fault.
hope this helps.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I am pretty sure there are people out there than can bypass them! It will have a decoder box as stated!, They can clear them so it no longer works, got one done on a laguna once, was about £50! Don't ask me where though!!

182 for sale £7000
if its infared signal put the keys led pointing at your mobile phone camera whiles its switched on and you will be able to c if ur key is sending a signal thats a start as it might just need a new key

E36 328
yeh the key works, have done the camera check thing, andthe thing is the receiver isn't in the roof it's in front of the passenger seat hanging which might mean some of the wires have been cut? Anyway the remote locking is an after thought at the moment,ik not really bothered about it, just dont want to have t press the bloody button for so long everytime I start the car! So wouldni have to go to a dealer to reset the immobiliser then? Don't really want to spend 50 quid on getting it reset tbh?

E36 328
bump

Is it worth me taking it to a dealer or will they try to rip me off for something?

after you have entered your code , try removing the ignition key and then hold the central locking button down until you hear the central locking operate. then press your kley 3 times quickly towards the reciever. this may reset the immobiliser.
failing this if if give me the numbers off your ecu and decoder box , i might have a set with plips you could buy for cheap if its the same.