ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Internet Fault

Hey clever people who will help solve all my problems lol!

I've got a wireless router, but have it wired into my pc. It's just my dad's pc and bro's laptop that use the wireless.

Anyway, been working fine for years and years, but now it's started to flash up on screen network cable unplugged, before disappearing again.

When my net works, it fast as normal, but when it doesn't work, it's slow as hell! It's a very intermittent fault.

Strange thing is my dad's pc and bro's laptop are fine, so can't be anything to do with the router right?

I tried moving the cable into a different slot in the router but still the same problem.

Any ideas? Really starting to p*ss me off!

Thanks

Tom

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds like a fault in the cable itself if the wireless ones arent affected. Maybe replace the cable? could also be the network port on your pc, i.e a loose or faulty connection there.

I'll get a new cable tomorrow, see how that goes.

If the fault is still there...how would I go about fixing the network port on the pc?

Thanks