ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange light? - Confused Help please

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Hi guys,

My mother asked me to move my car out of the way so she could go up the village to get some beers for me and my father, so i reversed the car into the street, parked it back on the drive in her spot, and locked it, i dont know what it was but it caught my eye, i have never seen this in all the time my parents have owned the car, do you know what it is and why its doing it? - I can guess that its lighting up to say all the doors are locked, but its never come on before, the light is flashing in the clocks to say its locked, but this one is never on. The only real reason i can think that might have changed it is because the radio/ Fag lighter wasent working, the fuze had gone, so i changed it to the right one, and all is working.

The only other thing i have changed on the car about a week ago was the indicator stalk, to a 182 one so i can have the for lights in the front :), but surley this wouldnt make a difference?

Pic..

Image000.gif

Bit worried about this, can someone help me?

I thought this only lit up when you pressed it when you were in the car?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I have no realised after standing out in the pissing down rain after locking the car, the light goes out after 60 secs, so maybe its just to let you know you have actually locked the car, then it goes out, so no more problems,

Cheers Guys :)

Bumder With A Buffer
LOl it's just a light to tell you the doors locked. If you press that switch once cars started it will lock doors and come on. Also the car autolocks after about 5mph or so... Believe it's an anti hi-jack prevention thingy!

Nowt to worry about. :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Cheers Rich, My mother was obsessing over it as all the time my folks have owned it, shes never spotted it, you know what there like, turned into a bit of a argument if im honist but things are cool now :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Lol these random lights do cause trouble
don't they??!! Oh and the fuse you replaced
also controls that light :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
That would make sence for me not seeing it on for ages :L, i think i blew the fuze because i had to inflate my passenger tyre as its got a slow and i mean slow puncture, and the connection on the compressor was loose (needed resoldering), must have made a short connection, shorted and blew the fuze months ago, so that would explain for me mam being a bit shocked when she saw it as i havent seen it for ages, the only reason i changed the fuze was because sometimes need the port for charging the satnav on the move, and the radio would turn off after 15 mins, so was winding me up, so now i changed it, its working again :)

Cheers Richy :)