ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange marks in/on paintwork

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Dont know wheather or not it's my drying towel that needs washing or wheather it's wax thats not bonded well to the paint, the following image is what i can see all over my car...

Not swirls though just marks that dissapear when wiped with a MF and appear elsewhere... :S

Please ignore my stonechipped bonnet :p
IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
To my untrained eye it just looks like you need to give it a good wiping over.... Just looks like product residue that needs removing.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Might be that my mf's need replacing then, because it's being an arse to wipe off. Cheers for the response.

Suzuki Ignis
Hazing or marring i think its called, where someone has tried to PC it before and done a crap job, leaving micro marring.

If its really almost hardly noticeable unless in harsh sunligh I would say Ive had similar marks. They appeared on mine a few weeks after polishing it. After a wash and rub over seems ok now.

Suzuki Ignis
I didnt actually read the part where you said it moves around, sorry. :eek: So yeah, as everyone else has said maybe you just need something to properly remove all the oils.

STEALTH RAIDER
Wash marring is your problem there mate and IPA is to get rid of oils after polishing. You need a final finish polish going over it. Washing with a decent shampoo should remove the oils if its product residue.

172 RS Ph1
^^ that, IPA wont remove these marks, the paint work is damaged. Easy way to double check is to wash a panel with a strong de-greasing mixture (washing up liquid) and see if it dissapears.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
^^ that, IPA wont remove these marks, the paint work is damaged. Easy way to double check is to wash a panel with a strong de-greasing mixture (washing up liquid) and see if it dissapears.

Paintwork isnt damaged, i spoke to the dodo team and they've advised me that the wax hasnt had time to cure/bond before removal, just needs re-doing.

Paintwork is pretty good bar the swirls over winter and obligatory stone chips.

Jap Box
Ive had this happen to me this week oddly. I assume it was when I cleaned and polished the car it rained about 20minutes after so something went wrong there as its never happened to me beforehand.

Bumder With A Buffer
Paintwork isnt damaged, i spoke to the dodo team and they've advised me that the wax hasnt had time to cure/bond before removal, just needs re-doing.

Paintwork is pretty good bar the swirls over winter and obligatory stone chips.

Thats bullcrap IMO.

Its the other way around. Being left too long and it will be hard to remove and leave residue behind that looks like that.

Any wax can be put on and taken off quickly and will not leave those marks, just won't "bond" properly to the paintwork. Thats why they have cure times to enable them ot bond and leave protection. The quickeer you take it off the less protection.