ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange noise from dash!

Only started today, when i start my car i hear a noise from behind the dials. I can only describe it as a scratching sound! When this happens all the dials momentaraly drop to the bottom.

Like i said this only happens for about 5-10 seconds just as the car starts. Every thing works fine on the dash

Anyone had this problem, has any idea what it could be and know if i should be worried?

Cheers.

clio 172
my clio 172 also has same noise coming from the dash when i turn the ignition on then goes away . my car also picks and chooses when it wants to start had a new starter motor fitted and still its the same i dont know if it has anything to do with that though .anyone have any idea?

Iceberg Ph1
I get this on my Ph1, but only when I hold in the stalk button and turn the ignition (to go into test mode) it lasts a few second, I really don't think its anything to worry about tbh if its all working fine

RenaultSport Clio 172
I get the same noise, and the same 'dropping' of the dials.

Also, i have noticed that my trip meter etc will reset when this happens.

I figure it must be some kind of short or something in the wiring/components in the dash.

If anyone knows of a fix, i'm all ears :)

RenaultSport Clio 172
After doing a bit more reading on this site, it seems the resetting computer can be caused by low battery voltage/a dying battery... May be worth looking into that as well, OP

R27 #242
i have this problem aswell :(
it only happened after it came out the renault garage but they wont take blame for it, they said to fix it it'l cost me £558!
mine happens randomly, and when i have my wipers on

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I would kick up a fuss and not accept them for saying it. Other than that, contact the manager, show your last mot, which i hope was quite recent.

Contact Renault UK, or the renault dealership owners (Arnold Shark, etc)

see what they say, but if your saying it happens randomly. i reckon there is a short somewhere. Could be related to the wipers.