ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Numberplates

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I'm aware of the different types of plate, or at least I thought I was

You have the old type - ABC 123 and 123 ABC

then you have the dates: ABC 123 A and A 123 ABC

Then you have the new type: AB 12 ABC

Then you have the "Irish" Plates which are - ABC 1234 or 1234 ABC

And Diplomatic plates: 123 D 123

but I saw a different type yesterday, ABC 1 ABC. I think the plate was TWB 2 PUT or something like that, and I've seen a PUG 9 XXX (or XXX 9 PUG or something)

I did have a point to this post, but now I've forgetten it. Oh yes. Where do you get the ABC 1 ABC plates from???? Are they as easy to obtain as the rest?

Also, on the way to work I saw an awesome plate:
00010.. Could have been OOOIO or 00010 or any combination of the 0O1I but either way it looked very very cool.

Golf R
MikeDX said:
Also, on the way to work I saw an awesome plate:
00010.. Could have been OOOIO or 00010 or any combination of the 0O1I but either way it looked very very cool.

Guernsey number plates are all numbers with no letters - so i'm guessing it could have been one of them?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Should cars from that island have a flag on them? I'd love a binary plate like that, being a total nerd.

D

dick

i saw a db9 on motorwary, had number plate

GO06OGO

mint! got pics sumwhere! probly not the safest thing ive ever done, but it was dead good

id nvr seen a db9 in real life b4

D

dick

ye think so, couldnt really tell which were 6s which were 0s which were Ds and which were Gs

rac data check me trhinks

I have never seen the plates that Mike's on about at all - I have seen like 123 X 123 though (a bit like diplomat plates, but with an x in the middle)

Alfa 147 GTA
I got this plate for 21st:

MAO 3 MAO (my initials)

Called a mirror plate apparently, now all I need is a newer car to put it on... :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
'northern irish plates'
are three letters followed by numbers starting at 1 through to 9999.
DVLNI recently released the BIG prefix they sold a lot of them off at auction.
as you can imagine 'BIG 1' was the most sought after and some one gave silly amounts for it.
you can purchase an ordinary four digit one for not a lot of money from all of the big registration sellers.
there are lots of BAZ DAZ MAZ etc the list is long. the most recent release in the belfast area is DIG.

Isle of man has different plates too.

Monaco Blue Mk2
fUbAr said:
i wouldnt mind one... im getting bored of my private plate now, and would like one with DAN on it :)

Mate, the D reg plates were released not long ago for private sales, I had just bought my private plate and about 2 days later got an e-mail from newreg offering me the perfect plate IMO. My name is Dan, initials are DWC. They offered me D4N WC (D4 NWC) for about £500 all in (transfer etc) I'd of loved that but it was a bit over budget and I couldn't be arsed with all the messing again. It had just took nearly 2 months from purchase to get mine transfered. Have a search on newreg and the DVLA for D4N see what you can find.