ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange one...

Clio 172
Evening all. Bit of a strange one, could do with your thoughts...

Took the new toy (172) for a drive today before her MOT, warmed it up etc and noticed a very annoying hesitation/ cut out at around 4.5k, initially it was only on full throttle, then it developed on 1/2 3/4 throttle. It felt like the rev limiter or fuel cut off, if pushed through it would rev up but do it again at around 5.5k. I didn't push it any further. After the MOT I tried it again and it was getting worse, starting to struggle around 3.5k onwards. I'm thinking crank sensor as it seems to be cutting fuel rather than spark. Has anyone had anything similar?

I've just changed the front Lambda and injectors to cure a the lumpy idle and slight mis fire ( which worked a treat ) shes had a new cam belt and de phaser and ran like a dream up until now.

No EML, would a suspect crank sensor throw up a fault on these? Would appreciate your thoughts