ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange problem getting worse.

Hi (sorry I only ever seem to post when I have a problem!).

Today I was driving just fine then heard the stranges noises coming from the bonnet / under the car, and along with this power went then I lost the power steering as the car cut out, with this the stop light and battery light lit up on my dash in red.
After this I tried a few times to get my car to a better position (it was dark and I was on a clear way/ tram line) and all the time the car was making a terrible noise from under the hood. Any way to cut a long story short once it started the noise had gone, no lights on the dash BUT the car wont exceed 3k prm, and when I drive the car judders and kangaroos like crazy. Can anyone give me some pointers for what to check, thank fully I do have a code reader, and I will be back tomorrow with any codes/errors it finds (if any).

One other thing, it sounded like it was back firing / spitting from the exhaust as I drove it the few miles home.

Had the plenum off and one of the tips was missing from a spark plug. Thankfully nothing more serious than that :)