ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange washer jet problem...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I still have a Clio 182. One slight issue I've noticed recently is that if I use either the front washer jets or the rear window jet, my choice is locked in until I restart the car.

What I mean is, if I wash the windscreen, and then go to use the control to do the rear window, it just does the windscreen again, and the only way I can do the rear is to restart the car and then do the rear. If I do the rear, and then try to do the front, it just does rear again.

Any ideas? Is this an ECU/UCH problem?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Is it definite that restarting the car is the only way? What if you wait 15 mins into your journey before trying again?

The internal valve sticking is common.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
+1 on the valve in the pump sticking one way or the other. Pretty sure you can strip it down and free everything up. Either that, or new pumps are reasonably cheap too.....