ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped, caged, buckets. FAO M.O.Ters??

CLIO PH1 172
My m.o.ts not due until march but I I've some questions that may need sorting before then.

1. Are there any special types of bolts I should use when fixing my seats to the floor?

2. I now don't have any airbags so obviously I have the lights on the dash ( ab and service) will is still pass ?

3. Are there any special requirements regarding harnesses mine are 4point 2" omp ones fixed to the cage and the seat frames ?

4. Spare wheel ?? Do I need 1 or do I have to have tyre weld or is nothing ok ?

5. Camber will exesive camber still pass

6. Wheels also slightly rub on full lock will it be ok?

7. Stretched tyres I'm pretty sure it want pass but can I get away with out changing?

Really sorry about all the questions but I want to be sure :)

1. I've got standard bolts
2. My airbag and service light is on - passed fine
3. I have Sabelt 4 points - passed fine bolted to the floor by the seat, and the rear seat mounts - passed fine.
4. I don't have a spare wheel - passed fine.
5. I have -3 degrees front - passed fine.
6. Can't comment
7. No idea.

Hope that help :)

3. Are there any special requirements regarding harnesses mine are 4point 2" omp ones fixed to the cage and the seat frames ?

f**k driving around with your belts attached to your seat! LOL

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Airbag lights can be dealt with using 3.9 ohm resistors :)

Mine passed its mot with buckets and harnesses.

CLIO PH1 172
The frames had lugs to attach a belt iv really thought about it tbh

Thanks for the help so far guys and revels I think it's a fail if they find a bulb missing

CLIO PH1 172
Lol surly when they turn the key all the lights come on ( so if one is out then it's blown/missing/covers with silicone )

racing blue 182

f**k driving around with your belts attached to your seat! LOL

defo dangerous that like,if you where to crash and your seat was chucked out of the car you wudnt be in a pretty state

they shud be fixed through the floor with eye bolts and backing plates

CLIO PH1 172
The bloke don't let me get away with everything plus I like to know what's passable ect.... Piece of mind really I Spose

182, 172 Track Shed
defo dangerous that like,if you where to crash and your seat was chucked out of the car you wudnt be in a pretty state

they shud be fixed through the floor with eye bolts and backing plates

My subframes seem to have a mounting point on them for one part of the harness? This should be safe to use surely if it comes on there as standard?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As your harnesses are pretty fantastically dangerous .. answer me this ..:

did you bolt your seat to the floor from the top, or your floor to the seat from underneath ?

the correct answer is the second one BTW.

bald / flat spare wheel = fail .. no spare wheel = nothing to fail on.. pass !

You known at two-techs ? Pop past and ask for 5 minutes of their time for some light advice...?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I'm fairly confident mine would of failed miserably had it been actually put through for emissions lol.

CLIO PH1 172
i was thinking about the harnesses last night, it can surly not be dangerous for them to be secured to the seats sub frame? as the standard seats have the plug secured to there sub frame ?

so its basicly just like the original set up?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Adam, I have mine exactly the same way as yours. I think there was some confusion between thinking you had them attached to your seat rather than subframe :S

racing blue 182
i was just going off my last car

i was told bolting harness to subframe was dangerous?and the correct way was to drill holes in exhaust tunnel?then use eye bolts and spreader plates?that was on a 106 mind

i might be wrong like lol

CLIO PH1 172
yes i understand where people are coming from saying it could be dangerous but its just like oem in theory?

im gunna take it to the garage anyway to get some bits checked out first

RenaultSport 172
It's exactly like oem, that's why the lugs are on the frame to attach the original seat belt buckle to.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
just to have my say,

i have lugs on my seat subfames,
bolted the harness to that through the clip, passed fine,
ab and serv light made no difference,

those wheels when through an MOT a while back with a clean ticket,
though they did comment and say "you know those tyres are too small for the wheel", duuuuh!

but i believe wheel rubbing is a fail!

Clio Sport 172
On my old Golf Mk4 I had 18's on it and they ripped massive holes on the wheel arch lining and it passed 2 MOT's. Maybe I had a leanient tester I don't know but a pass is a pass! :cool: