ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped out insurance question

phase1 172
I was thinking of stripping out all the non essentials from my phase1 (purely to see what the difference is) but if i like it stripped out will it be classed as "modified" by the insurance, will it need to be declared?

Has anyone any experience on this, or do i just strip it all out now and worry later:S

Passat
If they can kick up a fuss about you making your car safer by using winter tyres in the cold weather...then they will definitely not like you stripping it out. I'd just tell them mate. Better safe than sorry

IIRC Bell/Admiral/Elephant have "removed rear seats" as an option in the drop-down-menu of modifications. Whether they charge you for these sorts of "modifications" I have no idea. Then again they charged me £93 for the fact that Renault lowered my car 3mm as a result of the cup suspension pack.

And yes... with the above companies you do have to declare factory fitted optional extras such as the cup packs, as well as aftermarket mods.

phase1 172
I will probly tell them, even though they are only cosmetic mods.
Ill probly be lowering it as well shortly, so may as well declare that at the same time

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Ring Brentacre, they don't give a sh*t what you do to your car as long as you declare it,
my seats have been removed and it was an option with them and they didn't charge for it,
they only charge extra for BHP gains.

When I started going through modified car insurers I was amazed that it was actually cheaper than a standard car
through a normal insurer.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You might be fine. I know my company "more than" only charge more for mods that increase BHP.

they seem good, just done a quote with them, these and Directline are the cheapest by a few £100. Gonna ring them about coilovers tomorrow!

phase1 172
Im with Liverpool Victoria cos they were the cheapest, been with Direct line for years but they want silly money

I'm with Sky and have declared the stripped interior. Cant remember whether they charged me extra or not but did it knowing I wouldnt have problems should the worst happen