ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stripping interior

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

will it make much difference to the performance of my 1.2 16v taking out the spare wheel, ice and back seats?? gona get a 2.0 conversion in 2 months but thought id strip it now

Pug 306 GTi-6

Depends how much ice you have but removing stuff is gonna make it lighter! might not notice too much added performance now but will help when u get ur 2ltr.

Yes, did I not read in Evo that lightening a car by 1KG = 1 BHP increase. This could be nonsense though. Stripping out is always a good idea, less weight to move, less to stop and less to make go round corners.

Definitely remove everythign you dont need. I dont do it regularyl because i live with parents and they dont approve but every now and then i strip it all out. seats, spare wheel, all that crap. Theres also a weird steel block thing in the engine bay that shakes about and isnt attacehd to anythign (covers some connectors) which i ripped out. it weighs a bit i suppose...

Car sounds much better too as the exhaust noise has less material to go through to get to you

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 16 February 2005

Yes, did I not read in Evo that lightening a car by 1KG = 1 BHP increase. This could be nonsense though.Yes Stripping out is always a good idea, less weight to move, less to stop and less to make go round corners. and Yes

No, IIRC the corbon bonnet actualy weight MORE then the Ali std one.

You need to get extreme....i have 2 bucket seats, A frame trim, trim running along the bottem of the doors, dash and door cards...thats it, headlining, rear trim, carpet, centre console...its all gone :)

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 17 February 2005

No, IIRC the corbon bonnet actualy weight MORE then the Ali std one.

You need to get extreme....i have 2 bucket seats, A frame trim, trim running along the bottem of the doors, dash and door cards...thats it, headlining, rear trim, carpet, centre console...its all gone :)
Do 1.2 16vs have aluminium bonnets? Id still be surprised if carbon fibre wasnt lighter. Its certainly lighter than steel.

try gettin a real carbon bonnet most companies say its carbon when its actually jus wrapped in real carbon. my mate jus got one for his prelude and u can lift it wi ur little finger so them being same weight is nonesense. all u need is a seat and a steering wheel in ur car.

Mine is totally boned lol Seats, dash and steering wheel, thats It..

Also got a carbon bonnet thats 50% light over standard, getting a tailgate and doorcards......light weight is the furture I tell thee. Its turn mine into a raw beast.