ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stripping out interior

Has anyone removed all the interior from a 172. I plan to install some sound proofing in to my 172.

I want to remove everything, seats, carpets, door panels and roof covering. How easy is it to do this. Anyone got any good tips....

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Dont know about the rooflining other than its glued in the middle. Ill PM you a guide I wrote for changing over interiors. To be honest its really quite straightforward taking it apart, its the putting back together thats fun!

Mondeo STTDCI

Personally if i was doing it for the reason of soundproofing Id do it bit by bit. I.e one weekend doors. Next weekend boot. or Next day or whatever. Reduces the likelihood of you have 10 zillion random Renault screws lying around and random bits of plastic too. And believe me youll be amazed at the apparent randomness of the fixings they use.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

everything is straight forward enough apart from the roof lining which is bonded to the roof.

cheers guys, espically eviljohn for the guide. Do you think i will notice a big difference if i put a layer of cheap sound proofing down first then a layer of dyanmat xtreme on top of it ??? I want to cover practically the whole car. maybe not the roof though

i already have a box of xtreme bulk kit. Cost me £150. I would like to put a layer of cheaper sound proofing underneath though, just to give it a little edge.....