ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggles to start

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
hey

In the morning or when left a while the 172 struggles to start. takes a good 5-6 Seconds of cranking to come to life and then does so very rough.

But as soon as it has started and revs over 1k its perfect.

can turn it off and restart fine.

Do you think this could be a fuel pressure issue on start up? or a leaky injector?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i had a problem last year wouldnt start for a few seconds in cold and when engine was warm i replaced the tdc and loom,but it was my coolant sensor as soon as that was changed car was fine.I think it sends messages to the ecu so if they are faulty it wont start.Is the trip computer resetting itself as battery casuses problems aswell m8

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Oh I see.
Trip computer is fine, battery is good as tested it.

just seems to sound like it's starting but sounds like what a lawnmower sounds like when fuel is very low or empty.
then it will burst into life and until I leave it for several hours. Then once left will do it again.

I just orderd a new tdc sensor and will get a coolant sensor. All easy to change YEA?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
yes but i got the tdc and a new loom from renault as the loom can cause problems i believe