ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to find a mobile phone I like using

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I've been really happy with my Sony Ericsson phones... up until now.

My k750i was a leap above my old Nokias, although the joystick developed faults eventually.

I upgraded to a w810i and this offered everything I liked about the k750i but with a nice pad instead of a joystick and better software.

Sadly my w810i broke and as it is no longer made I got a w850i from insurance. This works well, and is stylish, but it is a bit too chunky and I find I have to press the buttons really hard, which makes texting awkward.

I have now "upgraded" to the k810i. Again it is a nice phone, but the buttons are small and fiddly, and it has the old joystick from the k750i. I think I could get used to it, but it's not ideal.

I used to be able to operate my w810i at lightning speed and was probably the faster texter in the wild west. It was like a glove and its naturalness of operation and fit in my hand.

Any ideas what I should change to from current offerings on the market?
I can still return my k810i within the next 14days.

Thanks in advance.

N95 isn't the easiest of phones to use. Its only buggy if its got shite software on from orange/voda etc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
People just say N95 without thinking these days.

It may have a good spec but its tough as arseholes to use.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Its fookin easy! I love symbian phones. And they have released a new software update that sorts out the bugs. ;)

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
How are the buttons on the N95? They look okay in the pics. I need to get to the shops at lunchtime. I really need a home demo though, as I swear I was happy with the k810i when I did some practice texting in the shop.

Maybe a 3310 or 6100 on eBay!? lol

I'll look up the w660 too now...

Maz

LY 200
Im thinking of changing to the Samsung U600, dont think I would ever have a N Series again tbh.

Maz

LY 200
Very slow, kept locking up did my head in tbh.

Someone said you needed to update it etc but I just wanted to call and text nothing else, couldnt be on with the complications, it was an N80 btw so not sure if they ahve got better.

Dad has the N95. It's still slow. Great phone if you're going to use it to it's full potential, but if you just want to use it as a phone, waste of money really. Last N series I had was the N70, which was utter crap. The N95 is better, but still very slow as a phone.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Ooh I've just looked at the w660i online and it's like my w810 but slimmer. Looks good. I'll check it out.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Cool, glad you like it.

Thanks, it's a good tip. I overlooked it initially as it didn't offer anything new, but in hindsight, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" should have applied.

There are a few people on here that dont read what people say and just post the most advanced mobile they know about.

Not always the right way to go.

Mercedes SLK350
I don't think the W660i has been released yet, can't be too long now though.

I have a W810i and I think I will get a W660i. Seems to be a natural upgrade.

Just got to find out when it is available.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I've just popped into the shops.

w660i isn't out yet. My favourite phone to hold and use was the Nokia 6300, but it looks basic and like a kids phone! lol