ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to tune into my favourite radio channel, problem with aerial maybe???

ClioSport 172 Cup
Suddenly can no longer tune into Classic FM. This is not a joke, Classic FM is my favourite channel. So no taking the pee! I just find it odd why it suddenly cannot tune into it, if I seek it seems to go straight past 100.10FM like it doesn`t exist anymore...
Any ideas? The head unit is very new, its a JVC R700, something like that. Could it be a problem with the aerial itself or wiring? I`ve had it tuned fine before on this head unit but suddenly lost it.

Thanks,

Samuel :p

Clio 182 FF
Having problems with mine also mate.

After a bit of searching I think the aerial base unit needs replacing, although sourcing one that is compatible with my Factory Fitted Sat Nav is proving a difficult task! :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup i needed a new one for my cup. Not too expensive off memory, around £20. Cable is routed down the sill trays so pretty easy to replace.

ClioSport 172 Cup
where is the aerial base unit located??? Is it just a little box or something? Or are you literally talking about the aerial itself on top of the car??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah the base on the roof. I thought it might be an earthing issue, so cleaned up where it clamps to the body shell underneath the headlining, wasn't that, so cleaned up the threads, that didn't work either. New base, bingo, ace reception!