ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strut brace 172

MKIII 138
id be after a front one but id want it to be either black or match the colour of the 172cups where could i get a blue one ??

when my bro fitted the seat strut brace to his VRS it made the car crisper to drive. the steering appered more directional but most of all it seemed to control some torque steer and it got the power down better a really good mod. all linked to controling flex and vibration imo.

MKIII 138
.. ohh and the cliocup race cars have them fitted so they cant be pointless otherwise they wouldnt waste the money. makes the front end firmer and more stable imo.

MKIII 138
you dont have to drill.

anyways ive seen a few cups with mid/dark blue front strut braces but on that link there redy orange errk :(

anyone know what the blue ones are ? i imagine OMP still but blue.. are people spraying them or something.

BMW 320d SE
You definitely notice the difference. I had one on my last car (Peugeot 306) and it felt firmer and more sure-footed in the bends. Alot of difference for not alot of cash really.
If you can't find one in the colour you want, why not paint it?

MKIII 138
Karlos69 said:
You definitely notice the difference. I had one on my last car (Peugeot 306) and it felt firmer and more sure-footed in the bends. Alot of difference for not alot of cash really.
If you can't find one in the colour you want, why not paint it?

well yea of course i could paint it but thats an arse ache if there are blue ones for sale. also under the engine gets hot id have to buy the strut brace then get the right paint snooze.

im sure there must be black ones at least.

il have to do some googling to find one.

An orange one
im buying red and having done mondial blue, cause thats the colour of my engine cover and for £20 to paint it'll improve the looks so much under bonnet :)