ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace - Help!!!!

audi tt 225
Hi there, i was thinking of putting a strut brace in my clio 172 cup but a ''friend of a friend'' claimed he put one in his williams clio (front and back brace) and after driving hard round corners he got a kink in his roof. He says that the car is designed to twist very slightly when cornering and therefore the strut brace elimates any natural twist and hence the natural twisting happened in his roof.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone help??? is this b*llsh*t????

Clio 172 LHD
A pal of mine says he fitted one to his scooby and he got through tyres faster and the wear was uneven. Again, this could be BS ?

I was toying with the idea myself...

Its sort of true it does put extra load on but theres few decinet strut braces out there and even a well fitted strong racer one used on track won't bend the roof.

As for wearing tyres its down to how you drive.
I woulnd't ver bother with one until you've got a fair bit spent getting the suspension sorted and to what you need and then getting a properly welded or bolted one with some decinet bolts to the strut tops.