ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace Question, help me!

Civic Type S GT
Right! I have myself a K-Tec front strut brace, to attach it using good nuts and bolts do I need to take the wheels off or is there away of putting it on without?

Freetrack&Monaco 172
The selftapping screw/bolts supplied are more than enough as far as I know, as long as you make sure the holes you drill are just small enough to give a good bite to the screws. Mine is still as tight and very well attached, has been on over a year now. You do not need to remove the struts this way...

If you do really want to put different nuts and bolts on instead you will prob need to remove the struts as the spring-retaining-top-plate will be in the way.....

Rob

Bumder With A Buffer
What he said.

Although personally id take the struts out and do it properly.

Have you thought about a wooden strut brace?? I hear they are the latest craze.

Civic Type S GT
So remove this and I should have enough room to work with? I havnt got the bolts it come with, got the brace 2nd hand, didn't have the bolts. So just going to fit different bolts,nuts,washers.
Photo413.jpg