ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strut brace questions

whats up people, my cous just fitted a strut brace to his ibiza and he said it was a really good mod to have and he recommeneded it to me.

just have a few question about it for the clio. I was wondering if the fitting is striaght forward ( e.g. just and few bolts and screw) Or is there extra work needed(e.g. drilling). Also i was wondering about the price of buying one, and and where to get one ( any recomendations, can you get one driectly from the renault garage)

Cheers guys, hope it wernt to long

the front chassis of the 172 flexes really bad when put under load the strut brace will help towards accomodating this i think a rear one would help a little bit in my opinion but alot people say stay away ...get onto strutbracer.co.uk they are the cheapest and recommended by hill power cheers

BMW F31
does it just drill straight to the top of the suspension turret? i've heard these are useless unless mounted to the top of the actual shock. can someone please enlighten me ;)

VRS
clio 1.6 16v said:
does it just drill straight to the top of the suspension turret? i've heard these are useless unless mounted to the top of the actual shock. can someone please enlighten me ;)

you mean they are useless if you mount them to the top of the shock!!

VRS
they need to be drilled into the turrets as this will strengthen up the front end by reducing movement/twisting of the frame

makavelli said:
you mean they are useless if you mount them to the top of the shock!!

performace cars have on top of the struts , depends on the type of strut you buy , majority will be the normal set up ..........

VRS
kullycliosport said:
performace cars have on top of the struts , depends on the type of strut you buy , majority will be the normal set up ..........

ok then:

you mean they are useless if you mount them to the top of the CLIO'S shock!!

:rasp: :clown:

BMW F31
lol i was told they are useless if you mount to the turret as they should be to top of the shock. so basically your sayin i buy one that mounts to the turret with self tapping screw or whatever that is how its meant to be e.g that works?

VRS
clio 1.6 16v said:
lol i was told they are useless if you mount to the turret as they should be to top of the shock. so basically your sayin i buy one that mounts to the turret with self tapping screw or whatever that is how its meant to be e.g that works?

dont use the tappers tho, use big chunky bolts :D

Clio 172 mk2
Weld in place

TBH the turrets are so close to the bulkhead that I wouldn't of thought a strut brace would make much difference.

Looks good under the bonnet though...my old Renault 19 16v had one as standard which looked pretty neat but I think that thing needed it

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
When you tighten up the strut brace do u tighten it so it pushes out the sturt tops or tighten it pulling them in???? Because the omp brace has an adjuster.

Cheers Jaff

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
You definately need one on the 172, i got a cup, and i took it off the other day to change the spark plugs and havne't put it back on yet and the car is handling so awefull, its so cr:quiet: p without it. Buy one, its only £40, and you will notice the difference.

BMW F31
someone said about bolting these through but on thinking about it how the hell do you put a nut on the other endcos its going to be going through to underside of the turret right? wouldnt this then need removal of the shock to get at it?