ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut top mount problem

Honda S2000

I had this problem last year and took it to renault and they said theyd fixed it. Then the clunking noise came back so I took it in again today. I picked it up before and he said it had stopped making the noise. When I tried it in the car park it was still doing it! So I went back in and asked what he had done and he said he had painted the top of it....

If it still makes the noise he said I could take it back! When I said but it never stopped making the noise he looked as if id asked him the square root of 1423356!! I dont even want to take it back there. Is it a problem that I can just live with or should I really get it sorted??

how is painting it gonna help? apparently there is a fix which involves grinding something off the top strut. I have this on mine but decided to live with it after taking it to renault where they decided to coat half the engine bay in grease...

Lionel Richie

it wont damage anything, the way ive solved it in the past is by covering the rubber bush in grease and also before putting the 21mm top cap back on i fit 2 or 3 washers

this helps raise the cap slightly to stop it from touching the bodywork

Honda S2000

Ive already had it supposedly fixed once! Presumably they painted it so if I take it back again they can see were the metal is grinding. But I dont understand why they didnt fix it today. I cant be bothered taking it back. I think ill just put up with it and try what you have suggested. Id have more faith in the squirells from the chocolate factory fixing it.